The Toyota Camry has a reputation for quality and value, and a loyal following to prove it. In fact, the Toyota Camry has been the number-one-selling family sedan in the U.S. for years — 15 years, to be precise — so why would Toyota want to change anything about the Camry for its 2018 model year?
It’s simple: no car can claim to be absolutely perfect. There’s always room for improvement, and the engineers at Toyota have truly outdone themselves with a slew of new features that you’ll notice the minute you lay eyes on the fully-redesigned 2018 Toyota Camry. Here’s what to expect when test driving a new Camry at our Sedalia Toyota dealership.
Edgy, Sophisticated Styling
The new Camry has an all-new look. It sits lower and looks sleeker and sharper than previous models, with a wider stance and a downright racy attitude. Motor Trend reviewers liken the design changes to the difference between a “bowl of vanilla ice cream and a bowl of raspberry fudge gelato.”
Step inside the 2018 Camry and you’ll be impressed with the quality and roominess of the sedan’s interior. The dash on the driver’s side curves in, making for a more spacious-looking (and feeling) passenger side. There’s ample evidence of Toyota engineers paying special attention to details, as the user-friendly steering wheel-mounted controls would allude to.
Safety’s Built In
Perhaps one of the best things about the 2018 Camry is the inclusion of its Safety Sense-P (TSS-P) bundle of active safety features, which are now standard on every trim level—and across almost every other model in Toyota’s great lineup, for that matter. (The Safety Sense-P system is so advanced and sophisticated, it took home the prestigious New England Motor Press Association (NEMPA) Yankee Cup Technology Award in 2016!)
TSS-P includes the following safety features (both optional and standard, depending on trim):
– Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
– Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist
– Automatic High Beams
– Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
– Bird’s Eye View Camera with Perimeter Scan
– Intelligent Clearance Sonar with Rear Cross-Traffic Braking
– Ten Advanced Airbags
– Vehicle Stability Control
– Brake Assist
Behind the Wheel
It’s when you get behind the wheel and actually drive the 2018 Toyota Camry that you’ll really notice big changes like the new Dynamic Force 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine that provides 25 more “horses” (now 203 HP) and 14 more pound-foot of torque (184) than the one it replaced. If you like the feel of a more robust engine, upper trim levels of the Camry can also come with a feisty 3.5L V6 engine that provides even more horsepower and torque (301 HP/267 lb.-ft.).
There’s also the new double-wishbone suspension in the rear, a lower center of gravity, and increased torsional rigidity, which translates to “a more dynamic and ultimately fun-to-drive experience.” Reviewers at J.D. Power agree, noting that “all varieties of the 2018 Camry are enjoyable to drive.”
5 Trim Levels Mean Lots of Available Options
The 2018 Toyota Camry is available in five different trim levels to please every buyer’s needs and budget:
- The L (base model) Camry has a host of standard features including an automatic transmission, 6-way manually adjustable front seats, TSS-P, and a great infotainment system that bundles a rearview camera and 6-speaker AM/FM audio system with Bluetooth and USB inputs.
- The Camry LE builds on the L model with the addition of a power driver’s seat, 60/40-split folding rear seats, an alarm system and 17″ alloy wheels.
- The SE is one of two sporty Camry models offered and includes options like 18″ alloy wheels, a sportier exterior style, paddle shifters, and sport-tuned suspension.
- The Camry XSE is the upgraded sporty trim that includes additional niceties like dual-zone climate control, the ability to select a drive mode (choose between Eco, Normal and Sport), 19-inch black alloy wheels, a rear spoiler, and more.
- The XLE includes heated front seats, an 8-way power passenger seat, keyless entry and push-button start, and more.
Also available on the XLE and the XSE are:
- a panoramic roof with a power tilt/slide moonroof;
- optional V6 301-HP engine;
- 8-inch touchscreen;
- JBL stereo;
- Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging;
- and a head-up display.
Ready to Welcome the 2018 Camry to Your Sedalia Home?
We’re confident that you’re going to be very impressed with the all-new 2018 Toyota Camry. Although our word is our bond, we understand that you’ll want to see for yourself how good this new Camry is. If you live in Sedalia or Knob Noster, MO, head into our Toyota dealership near Whiteman AFB to test drive the 2018 Camry. We dare you not to fall in love!
Contact us at (660) 530-2282 to schedule an appointment, or stop by our McCarthy Toyota dealership at 3110 West Broadway in Sedalia, MO.
Sources & Photos: